Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Cookies!



Yes, it's that time of year again. Snow, gift wrapping, and Christmas cookies. Ok, so I admit. I am a little behind on the whole Christmas posts but on that note...Happy New Year!! I am welcoming 2010 with open arms : ) But anywho, I did make Christmas cookies, and quite a few. I tried a different recipe this year. It was actually my snickerdoodle recipe, I just changed a couple ingredients and they turned out really well. Super soft too! So after mixing, and rolling, and baking, and cooling...there was frosting! I tried a different approach: piping, rather than smearing.


The stars look pretty cute with those darling little curly edges. I kinda had a lot of fun with the piping. Did I just say kinda? That goes against all the grammatical rules!




The mittens didn't look great with the piping so I just slathered on the frosting. Yes, the picture is sideways. I am still learning all the tricks to this blogging thing and I guess I never tried adding a vertical picture until now.




The Christmas trees are my favorite. Complete with those little pearl sprinkles.Except, for some reason, the lighting made our granite look eerily pink. Huh.





And our little "gingerbread" sugar cookie men. Oh, I forgot the gumdrop buttons. And I really need to figure out how to turn the picures :)




Last, but most definitely not least, the holly with red hot holly berries. I had a little extra dough when I was cutting out the cookies and just made some little squares. When I got to the frosting stage, I realized they made festive little packages!



I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!








No comments:

Post a Comment