Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tonight for Dinner

Tonight is was just two of us so I decided to make dinner. I made homemade macaroni and cheese(ultimate comfort food, which is highly needed around test-taking week) and turkey and Swiss cheese paninis on our new panini press! The paninis weren't really floating my boat because they didn't have much in them so they ended up like flat, crispy pieces of bread. But they were still pretty good. The mac and cheese, on the other hand, was a complete success! I used mostaccioli(I hope that's how you spell it) instead of elbow noodles and they really held the sauce better. I added a little paprika, some freshly grated nutmeg, salt, and a dash of pepper before putting in mostly grated Swiss cheese and a bit of sharp cheddar for flavor. I mixed the cheese in rather than layering the sauce, noodles, and cheese like in my recipe. Pop it in the oven for about 25 minutes with a tad more cheese and some bread crumbs on top. It tasted gourmet and we ate it all! I ate some out of the baking dish :)

1 comment:

  1. hey will you post a pic of a panini? LOL! it sounds like Pelini! hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete