Friday, July 10, 2009

Cheddarella Pizza Sandwiches

Today I wanted a grilled cheese for lunch and decided to experiment with my options. Soooo, I made a flavored butter to spread on the bread. I put 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds and then whisked it until it was soft. Then I added parsley, parmesan, and a spice mix called Sunny Paris*. I then whisked it some more and slapped it on the bread. I layered shredded cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella on one piece of bread, too. Next, I squeezed a little pizza sauce on the cheese and smeared it around. Put the top piece of bread on and grill on the skillet until golden on both sides. Enjoy! It tastes just like pizza and the butter makes the bread taste like that fancy bread at Subway! You could also make this and cut it up into squares for a cute little appetizer or a snack with a friend.

*Sunny Paris is a seasoning we buy at our local Penzey's Spices store. It is mostly shallots, but also has chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, basil, tarragon, and bay leaf. I mostly picked it up at the store because I love France but also fell in love with it. It tast great in a dip. Just mix a tub of sour cream with a sprinkle of Sunny Paris. Delicious!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... you can tell that this 4 day weekend isn't helping my reading! I thought it said "Cinderella Pizza Sandwiches"!!!

    ReplyDelete